It’s important to remember when talking about disability, that the term is much broader than we normally think. It’s such a broad umbrella that encompasses things you can be born with, like autism or blindness, but also a broken leg or Alzheimer’s. In 2016, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that one in five Americans lives with a disability. Technology designed for people with disabilities, therefore, is not a niche field, but one that can and will benefit everybody.
- Healthy Women: 10 Great Gift Ideas for the Healthy Woman in All of Us
- HomeCare Magazine: Robotic Pets’ Potential to Relieve Patient Loneliness & Caregiver Stress
- TODAY.com Parenting Team: The Best Big Gifts for Kids
- ABC News: Holiday gift ideas
- Working Daughter: The Working Daughter Holiday Gift Guide 2019